Who Am I and What in the World Is This Blog About?

A good friend of mine has been extolling to me all the great things about blogging for months now (or maybe its years), and with upcoming travel opportunities, I decided to give in.

So why did I make this blog? I made this to document my experiences across the globe (a travel blog if you will) – I've got to remember these times when I'm old and wrinkly, right? I suppose it's something of a public journal. I also made this so friends and family can follow me on my trips since I may have questionable phone and internet access throughout. I also just want to improve my writing; hopefully writing regularly (we'll see if that actually happens) will make me better on the whole! That being said, it is quite possible that this blog morphs into things far beyond a travel blog, but I guess we'll just have to see.

Who am I? I am a rising sophomore at American University in Washington, D.C., but I was born and raised in Northern California. I recently described myself to a friend as "a greedy, travel-hungry whore," which is roughly accurate. I try to take up as many opportunities to travel as I possibly can. The first trip I'll be posting about will be this summer – 2.5 months in Mongolia! But on a more personal note... I'm passionate (which comes off too strongly at times), way too obsessed with cheese (shoutout to Alyssa, who would've criticized me as dishonest if I didn't include that here), love living in the city, am somewhat obsessed with MBTI, and get way too into TV shows (its a problem).

I've never tried blogging before, so forgive my mediocre writing and give me feedback (negative, positive, everything!).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts