A Visit to Annecy in the Alps

Hey there! So at this point I think we've all accepted that I, Diana, am absolutely terrible at consistently blogging. But, I'm here to catch you up, so get ready for a whole bunch of travel posts.

A month ago, the API crew headed to Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, because the city lies along Lake Annecy and has integrated numerous canals into the old city. The day we visited they were celebrating the Retour des Alpages, an annual festival celebrating Savoy culture and traditions. And I got exactly what I wanted out of France: juicy sausages, fresh-pressed cider, an abundance of cows (complete with cowbells!), a fiddle and people dancing to it in a public square, and a parade of Bernese Mountain Dogs. At one point a friend remarked, "It feels like I'm in a Disney movie!" and I wholeheartedly agree.






Comments

Popular Posts